So as we are in the observance of #stayathome during this time of crisis (COVID 19), I thought of exploring some more of the “baking skills”. I saw this recipe from Pinterest and it looks so simple. That so I tried!
2-4 very ripe bananas, peeled. (I prefer 3 bananas.)
1/3 cup melted butter, unsalted
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter or oil a 4×8-inch or a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas until smooth.
4. Add the melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir.
5. Add the baking soda, sugar, flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix.
6. Keep mixing! Mix it good!
7. Pour batter into your loaf pan (Please remember to grease the bottom with butter, oil).
8. Bake for about 40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and let cool. For clean slices, please allow the bread to completely cool.
I’ve checked other recipes as well and you can play with it by adding nuts (in my banana bread I added walnut) and some fruits (blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, etc.).
What I love about this recipe is that it’s not only simple (like I can do it everyday!) but its so yummy and you can control its sweetness depending on your banana and your fruits.
“Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” – 1 Corinthians 10:31 (NASB)